Thursday, August 03, 2006

here goes nothing

My first venture into the world of blogging...

A little about myself...I'm 36, in the middle of a divorce after nearly 17 years. I am joining the world of single mothers. I have three kids. The Girl who is 14 and will be starting high school in two weeks (ouch, how did that happen). She is in the marching band and is very excited about that. Boy 1 is 12, he will be in 7th grade. He is giving football a try this year. He wrestles and plays baseball, but has decided the girls like the football players best. Boy 2 will be 10 next month, he will be in 4th grade. He also plays football, this will be his second year. He, however, does not play to get the girls. He is big and tough and likes to hit people...lol. He is nearly as big as boy 1 and will surely pass him up this year or next.

I was married for nearly 17 years, yes that means I got married when I was 19. Not a great idea, I don't recommend it. Earlier this year my husband, ex I guess, decided that he liked the hot new manager in training at his resturant. It took me a while to figure it out....some times I'm a little slow. I totally bought his explaintion for suddenly taking 3 or 4 hours to close the store rather than the 1 to 2 it has taken for the past 5 years. I wasn't fazed when he started working out at the gym 30 miles from our house, after all, they had new and better equipment. He has now moved in with her and doing all the things we always talked about doing.

Because we got married so young I feel like I never really figured out who I was. I am now free to do that, hence the blog name. I've never lived on my own so this is really a whole new world for me. I guess I'm not really on my own now either, I've got the kids, but it's certainly a whole new ball game. The kids don't go stay with him, at least not all at the same time. The Girl has spent several weeks there this summer. I think she like the GF, she is young and cool and has a much better computer than I do. Plus they don't require The Girl to do anything, no chores, no room to clean, and they certainly don't make her practice her insterment. All the things a 14 year old wants, lol. Boy 1 refuses to go, he said he isn't comfortable having some one else play mom, and he doesn't want to deal with another little brother, (oh yeah, did I mention the GF has a kid?). I also think he is worried about how I'll feel if he goes there and has a good time. I've told him that I will never force him to go if he doesn't want to, and I'll never be upset if he decides to go. I think it's important for them to spend time out there. Boy 2 has spent a few nights there, in fact he is there now. It's the first time he has gone on his own, the other times The Girl was already out there. When his dad came to get him he deecided he didn't want to go, he started crying which upset the ex. It was very hard for me to stay out of it, in the end he decided to go. He will be home in the morning.

I do happpen to have some interests other than the kids. I love to quilt, I always have two or three projects going at once. In an attempt to make some friends I am even going to join the local quilting guild, the meeting is tomorrow night, after checking the clock, I guess the meeting is tonight...lol. I also love reading, much like quilting, I usually have two or three books going at once. I read mostly mystery/suspense thriller type of stuff. I especially enjoy stuff set in the southwest since that is where I grew up.

OK, well I think I've rambled on long enough...

No comments: